(Please read below and scroll through to application)
The Joshua Fund is a 501(c)3 Registered Non-Profit Dog Rescue located in Lake Placid, NY. All of the dogs in our program come from high-kill shelters in the US. They are treated medically and are cleared for travel before they arrive to us in NY. Our dogs usually have no history because they are unwanted or strays. Sometimes we have an idea of their temperament from shelter staff or from the boarding facility where the dogs stay for their quarantine period but most of the time we don't. Most of our dogs have wonderful personalities but some of them need help with house training, leash manners and crate training. All of them need to be loved since most of them haven"t had a loving touch or a kind voice for a very long time, if ever. Our Foster Families bring a dog into their home to teach them how to love and be loved again. We will have a "meet & greet" with your own family members (including any pets) to see if everyone gets along. We will guide you if there are any problems you can't handle and we will place the dog in another foster home if he/she doesn't fit in at your home.
Lake Placid, NY Fosters: We require you to live in Lake Placid, NY or very close to it. We have to travel to pick up your foster to meet with a potential adopter so we prefer that you are close. If your foster dog becomes ill, we need to get the dog to our Vet so again, mileage is a big factor.
Fosters in Other Areas: Thank you for helping us save dogs and puppies in your local area. You will help us save many more lives because these dogs and puppies will have you to take care of them. When we receive your application, you will be contacted by our authorized representative in your local area. We find this to be the best option since our representative knows the area much better than we do.
You may have your foster dog or puppy for a few weeks or a few days; the length of time will be discussed before you accept a particular dog or puppy. You will make a huge difference in the life of a dog or puppy and we thank you for your interest!
By submitting this form you certify that you are over 21 years old. You certify that all of the information you have provided on this form is true and honest. By submitting this application, you understand that you are volunteering to care for a dog or puppy for The Joshua Fund. You will not receive any monetary compensation. All scheduled visit Veterinary bills for your foster will be paid by The Joshua Fund.
By submitting this application, you agree to the following:
- The Joshua Fund reserves the right to deny your/any application for foster or adoption.
- As a foster, you must keep in touch with us, keep any/all appointments set up with the Veterinarian and advise us first if your foster dog or puppy becomes ill or injured before you go to any Veterinarian so we can arrange for the treatment.
- As a foster, you must take all safety precautions for your dog or puppy. You MUST contact us if your foster becomes lost so we can advise you what to do. Do not wait because time is of the essence.
- When your foster dog or puppy is scheduled to travel to the pick-up point for transport, we will advise you in advance. You must arrange your schedule to accommodate the appointment or you need to advise us as early as possible so we can make other arrangements.
- You must surrender your dog or puppy to The Joshua Fund upon request. Most of the time, we have an adopter waiting well in advance for your foster.
- The Joshua Fund reserves the right to remove your foster dog or puppy from your possession for any reason at any time.
The Joshua Fund is a volunteer organization with our own jobs, families and obligations. We try to reply to your application is a timely manner but sometimes, we just can't. If you don't hear from us within two weeks, please e-mail us at info@JoshuaFundRescue.org
Thank you for helping us save the life of a dog or puppy!
(Please fill out our foster application below and click submit at end)